When we think of marketing, we typically think of the activities that a for-profit company engages in. However, marketing is an important function for nonprofit organizations as well. Effective marketing is how nonprofit organizations determine the needs of their clients and their donors. As in the for-profit world, nonprofit marketing includes advertising, promotion, public relations, and customer relationship management. This course examines how nonprofits use marketing to publicize their mission and to gather contributions of time and money. The course also discusses marketing planning in the nonprofit organization.
- Define what marketing is within the nonprofit environment
- Explain the service-intensive nature of nonprofit program activities
- Explain how the marketing mix is expanded for service products (the Three Ps of Services Marketing)
- Describe the importance of customer satisfaction and how expectations play a role in satisfaction with service products
- Discuss the role of ethics in nonprofit marketing
- Describe the importance of a nonprofit marketing plan
- Describe how target markets can be identified for donors
- Explain how new service products are developed by nonprofits
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.