Leaders and manager are often called upon to deal with the challenging impacts of change, to work through disputes with partners and customers, and to resolve conflict within the organization.
This brief introductory course focuses on the context of leading and managing when there is disagreement and discord, within and without the organization.
- Explore the importance of emotional intelligence in dealing with difficult issues in the workplace
- Identify the ten factors in resistance to change
- Explain why change efforts fail
- Discuss best practices in leading change
- Explore the differences in leading change in different sectors (nonprofit, for profit, etc.)
- Outline the five stages of conflict (latent, perceived, felt, manifest, aftermath)
- Explain the eight causes of conflict (Bell and Hart)
- Discuss the five conflict handling modes (competing, collaborating, compromising, avoiding, and accommodating)
- Explain the organizational framework for conflict resolution
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.