The safety of employees should be a primary concern for employers. Human resource managers play a crucial role in ensuring workplaces are not only as safe as possible, but also in compliance with safety-related rules and guidelines. This course introduces various workplace hazards and health issues and explores the relationship between employers and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Explain the importance of workplace safety from an organizational and ethical perspective
- Describe the key provisions of occupational safety laws
- Navigate OSHA standards, investigations, and record keeping protocols
- Understand the rights of employees and employers protected by OSHA
- Recognize the types of workplace hazards from which workers should be shielded
- Explain workplace issues surrounding substance abuse and stress
|Accessible||Badge and credit-awarding|
|Video content||Audio-enabled in app|
|Games & Flashcards||Real-world case studies|
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.