Paid Search advertising, also called pay-per-click (PPC), is used to pay for traffic to visit a website. In this course, learners will explore search marketing, the search process, and the buying cycle. Also included is how to set up a successful PPC account, how to set and measure goals, and how to optimize keyword usage using a variety of strategies. Learners will then examine components of effective ads and landing pages, how to optimize ad targeting, and when to use search or display advertising. The course then delves into research and analysis considerations, such as report creation, improving quality score, and using A/B and multivariate ad testing. Course material is presented through the use of text, videos, games, and other engaging content.
- Explain the purpose of paid search (pay-per-click) advertising
- Define search marketing, search engine marketing (SEM), and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Describe the search process and the search buying cycle
- Demonstrate how to set PPC account goals and measure them
- Explain how to build a PPC account and estimate conversion rates
- Understand and set bids
- Conduct an audit of a PPC account
- Describe different types of keyword searches
- Explain how to use keyword planners and other tools
- Describe how to use keyword matching and negative keywords
- Describe the benefits of paid search (pay-per-click) and the parts of an ad
- Explain how dynamic keywords and different ad extensions are beneficial
- Relate how a marketer can segment B2B and B2C searchers
- Describe the difference between mobile and desktop ads and landing pages
- Explain how to optimize a landing page
- Understand the difference between search and display advertising
- Describe display ad formats and the importance of contextual advertising
- Identify components of an effective paid search report
- Describe the pros and cons of A/B versus multivariate testing
- Explain how to manage the PPC channel and why editors are useful
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.