MindEdge's Introduction to Psychology Learning Resource
MindEdge's Introduction to Psychology learning resource provides a comprehensive overview of fundamental topics in psychology, exposing students to essential psychological theories, concepts, and terminology. It reviews the history of the field of psychology, and explores the scientific study of human behavior through topics such as sensation and perception, states of consciousness, learning, memory, intelligence, group dynamics and behavior, personality, and psychological disorders and treatments. The course reinforces learning by engaging students with the material through a variety of games, videos, interactive exercises, quizzes, and other engaging content.
This modular course can be tailored to your school with webtexts, ebooks, and optional trade paperbacks available. It seamlessly integrates into all learning management systems.
MindEdge's Introduction to Psychology content enhances skills in:
- Understanding basic terminology and concepts of the discipline
- Identification of, and the ability to compare and contrast, the major contemporary perspectives in psychology
- Comprehending the biological bases of behavior
- Considering ways in which psychological theories are used to assess, predict, or change human behavior
- Developing an understanding of the various types of development that an individual experiences across the lifespan
Through MindEdge's adaptive learning students can access help for 18 topics in psychology. MindEdge's adaptive learning helps students by providing support for those common conceptual "pain points" where students often encounter learning difficulties. A sophisticated software engine guides students through additional layers of content instruction, which includes games, video, and additional testing.
This learning resource contains a diagnostic pre- and post- assessment for each module, a comprehensive final assessment, as well as thirteen modules:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Biological Basis of Behavior
- Sensation and Perception
- States of Consciousness
- Cognition and Intelligence
- Motivation and Emotion
- Developmental Psychology
- Psychological Disorders
- Psychological Therapies
- Social Psychology
- Statistics, Tests, & Measurement