Learners' Frequently Asked Questions
To receive additional assistance from a MindEdge representative, please visit this page to contact us.
If you forgot your password, please visit your login screen and click on the Forgot Password link. You will be asked to confirm your email address and a password reset link will be sent to that email address. If you are enrolled in a for-credit course and are having technical issues, you can contact your school's help desk and also submit a request for assistance through MindEdge using the Contact Us link above. If your access period has expired, you can purchase an access extension by visiting your login screen and clicking on the button next to the course you'd like to extend. If you are having trouble making a purchase, please submit a request for assistance using the Contact Us link above.
Learners can download and print a PDF certificate of completion from their course records page, accessible after logging into the learning management system. Certificates are accessible anytime, even after access to the course has expired.
Learners can download a PDF receipt of their transaction from their course records page, accessible after logging into the learning management system.
If you need to drop/cancel a course that has been paid for, you may request a refund (minus a 10% cancellation fee) up to 5 days from the purchase/start date. No refunds will be issued after 5 days from the start date (date of purchase). A 90% refund is contingent upon you completing less than 10% of the course content. If more than 10% of the course has been completed, no refund will be issued.
Many issues related to course access may need to be directed to your school's technical help desk. If you are having issues with MindEdge content, please click the following link to submit a request for technical support.
Please click the following link to submit a request for customer support.
We are always interested in improving the quality of our courses. To report an error, please email email@example.com with your name, course title, assignment number, and any details related to the content error. We will contact you as soon as the issue has been resolved.
- Windows Vista SP2 or newer
- Mac OS 10.5 or higher
- Linux/Unix (any recent version)
- video card
- sound card and headphones or speakers (some assignments have audio components)
- Microsoft Office 97 (or newer) or comparable office suite, such as OpenOffice or LibreOffice (free download available at http://www.openoffice.org and http://www.libreoffice.org)
- The latest Adobe Flash Player (free download available at http://www.adobe.com)
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader (free download available at http://www.adobe.com)
- The last three versions of the major browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer.
- Other web browsers may work, but may not render all features of the courses
- Cookies must be enabled
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or highspeed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
Note: Some courses may have additional hardware and/or software requirements. Any additional requirements will be listed in the course description and course syllabus.
Some courses do have printable materials. Video, games, and test content are not available for download.
Open Badges are digital credentials that consist of a badge image and detailed information (meta data) that is "baked into" the image file, which enables institutions and employers to verify the issuer of the Badge and also check the criteria that a learner is required to meet to earn the Badge.
Open Badges are an innovative solution created by Mozilla with support from the MacArthur Foundation, HASTAC, and others that enable learners to collect, share, and display specific knowledge, skills, and experiences online.
To earn a MindEdge Badge, you must read all course materials, complete all course activities, and score 70% or higher on required course assessments (if applicable).
To share Open Badges, navigate to your Mozilla Backpack and click on the share button within a badge that you have earned. To setup a free Mozilla Backpack visit the following web page: https://backpack.openbadges.org